The Author's Ally:
- Is senior editor for Rethink Press.
- Has extensive experience in editing fiction aimed at adults and young adults, memoirs and business books. Also has experience of editing children's fiction, ghost writing and proof reading.
- Offers line editing, structural editing, ghost writing or proof reading as required.
- Offers new clients a free no-obligation sample edit of up to 3,000 words, depending on the level of work they require, to help them decide whether they like the editing style. Once the sample has been returned, The Author's Ally is happy to hold an author's preferred slot for a week to give them time to decide whether they want to commit to the booking.
- Works very closely with authors, explaining suggestions and making sure to deliver exactly what they want.
- Has an excellent command of the English language.
- Will correct mistakes in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax.
- Will never crush an author's unique voice and re-write their work.
- Will offer suggestions if the story line falters or a character is unconvincing.
- Guarantees that every word of the manuscript will be read by a human being rather than a computer program.
- Specialises in British English, but has plenty of experience of editing in American English if preferred.
What The Author's Ally will require from the client:
- The manuscript as a Microsoft Word document.
- A deposit of 25% of the overall fee to confirm a booking. The deposit paid is non-refundable unless The Author's Ally is the one who changes or cancels the booking, and will be deducted from the final balance.
- The balance of payment (for which the client will receive an invoice) once the edited manuscript has been returned.
- All payments in pounds sterling.
- Payment preferably via a bank transfer, but PayPal is acceptable if necessary.
- Payments must be made within fourteen days of the invoice date, please.
- Unless otherwise stated, The Author's Ally requests that the client submit the entire manuscript for editing.
- Details of any deadlines to meet.
- Assurance that the client will not name The Author's Ally as editor without express written permission.
If you'd like to book a slot or make an enquiry, please click on the contact tab above. Alternatively you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to working with you.