Offers the following:
- I am an intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders;
- I have extensive experience in editing fiction aimed at adults and young adults, memoirs and business books. I also have experience of editing children's fiction and of rewriting manuscripts;
- I offer copy-editing, structural editing or proof reading as required;
- New authors can request a free no-obligation sample edit (usually 2,000 to 3,000 words of their manuscript) to help them decide whether they like my editing style. Once the sample has been returned, I am happy to hold an author's preferred slot for a week to give them time to decide whether they want to commit to the booking;
- Editing doesn't need to be scary! I work very closely with authors, explaining my suggestions and making sure I am delivering exactly what they want;
- I have a good command of the English language;
- I will correct mistakes in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax;
- I won't crush an author's unique voice and re-write their work;
- I will offer suggestions if the storyline falters or a character is unconvincing;
- My service includes free blurb suggestions if required;
- I guarantee that every word of the manuscript will be read by a human being (me) and not by a computer program;
- I specialise in British English, but have plenty of experience of editing in American English if preferred;
- A 10% discount for ALLi members.
What I will require from you:
- Your manuscript as a MS Word document;
- A deposit of £100 (or 10% of the overall fee if this is below £100). The deposit paid is non-refundable and will be deducted from the final charge;
- The balance of payment will be due once your edited manuscript has been returned;
- Payments to be made in pounds sterling via bank transfer or PayPal within fourteen days of the invoice date;
- If possible, please submit your whole manuscript for editing. In order to provide as good an editing service as possible I need to immerse myself in your story;
- Details of any deadlines you would like to meet.
If you'd like to book a slot or make an enquiry, please click on the contact tab above. Alternatively you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to working with you.