Offers the following:
- I am an intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders;
- I have extensive experience in editing fiction aimed at adults and young adults, memoirs and business books. I also have experience of editing children's fiction and of rewriting manuscripts;
- I offer line editing, structural editing, ghost writing or proof reading as required;
- New authors can request a free no-obligation sample edit of up to 3,000 words, depending on the level of work they require, to help them decide whether they like my editing style. Once the sample has been returned, I am happy to hold an author's preferred slot for a week to give them time to decide whether they want to commit to the booking;
- I work very closely with authors, explaining my suggestions and making sure I am delivering exactly what they want;
- I have a good command of the English language;
- I will correct mistakes in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax;
- I won't crush an author's unique voice and re-write their work;
- I will offer suggestions if the story line falters or a character is unconvincing;
- I guarantee that every word of the manuscript will be read by a human being (me) and not by a computer program;
- I specialise in British English, but have plenty of experience of editing in American English if preferred.
What I will require from you:
- Your manuscript as a MS Word document;
- A deposit of 25% of the overall fee. The deposit paid is non-refundable unless I am the one who changes or cancels the booking, and will be deducted from the final charge;
- The balance of payment (for which I will invoice) once your edited manuscript has been returned;
- All payments in pounds sterling;
- My preferred method of payment is a bank transfer, but I will accept PayPal if necessary;
- Payments must be made within fourteen days of the invoice date, please;
- If possible, please submit your whole manuscript for editing. In order to provide as good an editing service as possible I need to immerse myself in your story;
- Details of any deadlines you would like to meet;
- Assurance that you will not name me as editor unless I have given my permission in writing.
If you'd like to book a slot or make an enquiry, please click on the contact tab above. Alternatively you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to working with you.